My favorite thing to do on vacation is eat! Imagine that:) I will plan the day around what & where I am eating. Exploring Minnesota is so easy when you have social media. I use Instagram to search restaurants. I love that I can see pictures of the dishes. My last trip to Duluth was in June. I had an Instagram post where I asked what your favorite restaurant was. Here are your responses:
I will only be in Duluth 1 night. We are stopping there on our way to Lutsen, MN. My husband is riding in a bike race. We got an amazing VRBO house with another family. As I am getting ready for the weekend, here are the things I am packing:
Snow shoes, Skiis and ice skates! I am all about the outdoor activities this weekend.
I am also planning on what to Eat & Drink!!!
I am trying to eat healthy so I have to meal plan like crazy!!! Luckily we are staying in a house so we will be able to cook for ourselves most meals. I am currently doing the Whole30 diet....yes, I know I am not supposed to drink. BUT, I am on vacation!!! I am super excited to make a nice Hot Toddy!
Hot Toddy Recipe:
- 1 1/2 oz. whiskey or rum
- 2-3 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 lemon slices, garnish
- 2 cloves
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- hot water
- 1 tea bag, optional
- Bring 1-2 cups water to boil.
- In a heatproof mug (if using glass, place a metal spoon in the mug so it doesn’t crack from heat of boiling water), drizzle honey on the bottom and pour in whiskey or rum.
- Add cinnamon stick and cloves and carefully pour in your desired amount of boiling water. Stir gently.
- Pour in lemon juice and lemon slices and (if using) tea bag.
- Let sit 3-5 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon stick, cloves and tea bag, and serve hot.
- (9) comments
- Share this